Discovering useful structure 备作业
determine insist, beneath, persuade, prefer cycle, dream about/of , care about , be familiar with, give in
1. My uncle ___________ to work every day, even if he can afford a car.
2. He ____________ her into joining them , even though she did not want to.
3. The manager __________ on his doing the work by himself.
4. The committee has ____________ where the new hospital will be built.
5. There is a small cave ____________ the mountains.
6. Anne ___________ me to replace her at the meeting.
7. The only thing he ___________ is money.
8. I never ___________ seeing you again.
9. I thought he was right, so I had to __________.
10. My cousin ____________ the city for he spent the summer holiday there last year.
1.(像往常一样)__________,the young man walked into the bar _________(在午夜) and ordered a beer.
2. I tried to get Jane to join us tonight , but she won't__________(改变主意). She _________(宁愿)to stay at home in the evenings.
3. Sandy told me that she really didn't _______(在乎) money at all.
4. It took me 3 hours to _________(试图说服) him, and he finally _________(屈服)_ and agreed to help us.
5. I think they have finally __________(下定决心) to spend next summer studying in Europe, rather than going to the USA.
6.Let's __________ (以…为开始)with some music.
7. __________ you __________(对…熟悉) that sort of work?
8. I am __________(梦想) what I will get as a gift on New Year's Day.
9.Allen seems to __________(喜欢) this film particularly.
1. Although he ran very fast , he still failed to brush the world record.
Fast_____ _____ _____,he still failed to brush the world record.
2. We insisted that you should give up smoking.
We insisted ____ ______ _____ smoking.
3. Once the picture is seen , it can never be forgotten.
Once ______,the picture can never be forgotten.
4. At last , we made him change his mind.
At last, we _____ him ____ ____ his mind.
"5. Who is speaking there?",asked the teacher.