1._________ （know）basic first-aid techniques will help you respond quickly to emergencies.
2. Anyone, once _________ (test) positive for H7N9 flu virus, will receive free medical treatment from our government.
3. _______________ (found) in the early 20th century, the school keeps on inspiring children’s love of art.
4. I got to the office earlier that day, ________ ( catch) the 7:30 train from Paddington
5. ----They might just have a place _________ （leave）on the writing course. -----why don't you give it a try?
6. The sunlight is white and blinding, (throw) hard-edged shadows on the ground.
7. Lionel Messi, _________(set) the record for the most goals in a calendar year, is considered the most talented football player in Europe.
8. Shortly after suffering from a massive earthquake and ____________ ( reduce ) to ruins, the city took on a new look.
9. Volunteering gives you a chance ____________ (change) lives, including your own．
10. (find) the course very difficult, she decided to move to a lower level．
11. When we saw the road (block) with snow, we decided to spend the holiday at home．
12. The sun began to rise in the sky, ____________ (bathe ) the mountain in golden light.
13. You cannot accept an opinion _____________ (offer) to you unless it is based on facts.
14. Every day ________ (read) a proverb aloud several times until you have it memorized.
15. __________ （stay）warm at night, I would fill the woodstove, then set my alarm clock for midnight so I could refill it.
16. If _________ (ask) to look after luggage for someone else, inform the police at once.
17. The room is empty except for a bookshelf ___________ (stand) in one corner.
18. I stopped the car _________ (take) a short break as I was feeling tired.
19. ___________ (eat) at the cafeteria before, Tina didn’t want to eat there again.
20. ____________(know) which university to attend, the girl asked her teacher for advice.
21. The airport __________________ (complete) next year will help promote tourism in this area.
22. In some languages, 100 words make up half of all words (use) in daily conversations.
23. When I was little, my mother used to sit by my bed, (tell) me stories till I till asleep.
24. The engine just won't start. Something seems (go) wrong with it.
25. Laura was away in Paris for over a week. When she got home, there was a pile of mail _____________ (wait) for her.
26. ____________ (hear) how others react to the book you have just read creates an added pleasure.
27. There are some health problems that, when ________________ (treat)in time, can become bigger ones later on.
28. As Jack left his membership card at home, he wasn’t allowed ___________(go)into the sports club.
29. The club, ____________(found) twenty-five years ago, is holding a party for past and present members.
30. “Genius” is a complicated concept, ____________(involve) many different factors.
31. Tony lent me the money, ____________ (hope) that I’d do as much for him.
32. The old man sat in front of the television every evening, happy____________ (watch) anything that happened to be on.
33. I remembered ____________ (lock) the door before I left the office, but forgot to turn off the lights.
34. When __________ (ask) for his views about his teaching job, Philip said he
found it very interesting and rewarding.
35. ________________ (ask) to work overtime that evening, I missed a wonderful film.
36. We’re having a meeting in half an hour. The decision _______________(make) at the meeting will influence the future of our company.
37. The party will be held in the garden, weather____________ (permit).
38. Film has a much shorter history, especially when________________ (compare) to such art forms as music and painting.
39. One learns a language by making mistakes and _____________ (correct) them.
40. _______________ (use) with care, one tin will last for six weeks.
41. _______________(knock) at the door before you enter my room, please.
42. China recently tightened its waters controls near the Huangyan Island to prevent Chinese fishing boats from _____________ (attack) in the South China Sea.
43. Pressed from his parents, and ______________(realize) that he has wasted too much time, the boy is determined to stop playing video games.
44. ____________(stand) in a long queue, we waited for the store to open to buy a New iPad.
45. If he takes on this work, he will have no choice but _____________ (meet) an even greater challenge.
46. George returned after the war, only ______________ (tell) that his wife had left him.
47. After completing and signing it, please return the form to us in the envelope ____________ (provide).
48. We’ve had a good start, but next, more work needs ____________ (do) to achieve the final success.
49. Time, __________(use) correctly, is money in the bank.
50. The lecture, ____________ (start) at 7:00 pm last night, was followed by an observation of the moon with telescopes.
51. He got up late and hurried to his office, ____________ (leave) the breakfast untouched.
52. Having finished her project, she was invited by the school ___________(speak) to the new students.
53. John has really got the job because he showed me the official letter __________(offer) him it.
54. The old couple often take a walk after super in the park with their pet dog ___________(follow).
55. This machine is very easy ________________(operate). Anybody can learn to use it in a few minutes.
56. Tom took a taxi to the airport, only _________(find) his plane high up in the sky.
57. I looked up and noticed a snake ______________(wind) its way up the tree to catch its breakfast.
58. Before driving into the city, you are required to get your car ____________(wash).
59. No matter how bright a talker you are, there are times when it’s better _____________(remain) silent.
60. I think Tom, as the head of a big department, should either study regularly or _________(quit) his job.
61. “It’s such a nice place,” Mother said as she sat at the table ____________(reserve) for customers.
62. ____________(base) an important decision more on emotion than on reason, you will regret it soon or later.
63. The next thing he saw was smoke ___________(rise) from behind the house.
64. The island, _____________(join) to the mainland by a bridge, is easy to go to.
65.Sarah pretended to be cheerful, ____________(say) nothing about the argument.
66. It’s important for the figures _______________(update) regularly.
67. Sit down, Emma. You will only make yourself more tired, ___________(keep) on your feet.
68. It’s no use __________________(complain) without taking action.
69. The rare fish, ____________(save) from the cooking pot, has been returned to the sea.
70. At one point I made up my mind to talk to Uncle Sam. Then I changed my mind, ________ (realize) that he could do nothing to help.
71. Today we have chat rooms, text messaging, emailing… but we seem _____________ (lose) the art of communicating face-to-face.
72. Look over there—there’s a very long, winding path____________(lead) up to the house.
73. On receiving a phone call from his wife ____________(say) she had a fall, Mr Gordon immediately rushed home from office.
74. Recently a survey ________________(compare) prices of the same goods in two different supermarkets has caused heated debate among citizens.
75. Tom asked the candy makers if they could make the chocolate easier _____________(break) into small pieces.
76. Even the best writers sometimes find themselves ______________(lose) for words.
77. If they win the final tonight, the team are going to tour around the city ______________(cheer) by their enthusiastic supporters.
78. Tsinghua University, _______________(found) in 1911,is home to a great number of outstanding figures.
79.The difference in thickness and weight from the earlier version makes the iPad 2 more comfortable ________________(hold).
80. Lydia doesn’t feel like______________(study) abroad. Her parents are old.
81. Simon made a big bamboo box _______________(keep) the little sick bird till it could fly.
82. _______________(offer) an important role in a new movie, Andy has a chance to become famous.
83. _____________(gather) around the fire, the tourists danced with the local people. 84. Passengers are permitted ________________(carry) only one piece of hand luggage onto the plane.
84.__________________(translate) into English, the sentence was found to have an entirely different word order.
85.Claire had luggage _______________(check) an hour before her plane left.
86.More highways have been built in China, ____________(make) it much easier for people to travel form one place to another.
89. More TV programs, according to government to officials, will be produced _______________ (raise) people’s concern over food safety.
90. Michael put up a picture of Yao Ming beside the bed to keep himself ________________ (remind) of his own dreams.
91 . The ability ____________ (express) an idea is as important as the idea itself.
92.The players_____________(slect)from the whole country are expected to bring us honor in this summer game .
93 .Do you wake up every morning __________(feel) energetic and ready to start a new day?
94. Mrs. White showed her students some old maps ____________(borrow) from the library.
95. With Father’s Day around the corner, I have taken some money out of the bank ___________ (buy) presents for my dad.
96. I have a lot of readings _________________(complete) before the end of this term.
97. The living room is clean and tidy, with a dining table already _____________(lay) for a meal to be cooked.
98. The retired man donated most of his savings to the school damaged by the earthquake in Yushu, _______________(enable) the students to return to their classrooms.
99. The experiment shows that proper amounts of exercise, if ____________(carry) out regularly, can improve our health.
100. In April, thousands of holidaymakers remained (stick) abroad due to the volcanic ash cloud.