I was once told that I shouldn't have kids, because it could be born with Asperger's(艾斯伯格综合症)，like me. I answered, “Would you have given the same advice to my 41 ?” Well,” came the answer, “look at all the 42 and pain you’ve had. Surely you wouldn't 43 on that a child.”
Well, it's 44 that living my life has been difficult. I have dealt with my fair share of 45 and rejection. In a perfect world, I wouldn't want a child to 46 the same problems, But I also had to wonder, “Is life just about 47 pain?”
Looking back on my life, 1 find that the most painful experiences taught me the most 48 lessons. But you never learn what those 49 will be until you're on the other side. How can you judge a person's life 50 they have had them?
When I was 51 , my mother used to tell me a (n) 52 story. While pregnant(怀孕)，she asked a friend to take a picture of 53 to show her big belly(肚子). When the picture was developed, there, on the film, in a perfect ring around her belly, was a beautiful pink light. She showed it to a wise friend, who said, “This 54 will be very special.”
You see, with her 55 , my mother taught me about my own value. She made an abstract (抽象的) concept, my 56 , into something concrete that I could 57 a picture. When I was sad or discouraged, I'd pull the 58 up in my mind's eye, 59 myself, “You're special. You’re here to do something that
60 else can do.” It kept me going, giving me reason for hope.
41. A. childrenB. parentsC. doctorsD. relatives
42. A. care B. wealthC. dreamsD. difficulties
43. A. wishB. believeC. predictD. reject
44. A. painfulB. meaningfulC. wrongD. true
45. A. happinessB. memoriesC. painD. duties
46. A. go throughB. rely onC. take inD. put aside
47. A. avoidingB. sufferingC. causingD. relieving
48. A. interestingB. unbelievableC. difficultD. valuable
49. A. problernsB. experiencesC. lessonsD. purposes
50. A. whenB. beforeC. afterD. until
51. A. angryB. littleC. freeD. tired
52. A. unusualB. terribleC. imaginaryD. strange
53. A. meB. herC. themD. us
54. A. pictureB. ringC. childD. light
55. A. friendsB. wordsC. love D. story
56. A. diseaseB. lifeC. worthD. childhood
57. A. understandB. confuseC. paintD. appreciate
58. A. conceptB. pictureC. emotionD. encouragement
59. A. cheatingB. provingC. remindingD. improving
60. A. everyoneB. anyoneC. someoneD. no one
41~45 BDADC46~50 AADCB51~55 BABCD56~60 CABCD
In life, we will succeed and fail often for reasons that are entirely out of our 41 . We can work harder than anyone else in the office and still not be 42 . We can be incredibly nice and love someone deeply, and they may not love us 43 .
The bottom line is that life is not 44 .
That is a bitter 45 to swallow for many of us. As a result, some people 46 after being hit by even one unfair blow from life. But if we let life’s unfairness 47 us, we will never receive the beautiful blessings that life has 48 for us.
My first 49 marriage felt very unfair to me. No matter how hard I had tried to be a good wife, I could not make the relationship 50 . I could have been 51 by that experience. But I believed that I could be 52 married one day 53 I always wanted to experience traditional family life. And then, I met this kind, thoughtful, generous man.
What I’ve learned over the years is that we can do all the things that 54 a good outcome, but get 55 things in return instead.
When we are faced with life’s seeming unfairness, our 56 needs to jump in. When life doesn’t go 57 plan, we have to let go of the outcome that we have been 58 and keep trying, and doing the right thing. 59 that life is neither fair nor straightforward. And by knowing that if we remain confident, we can drive our unfair experiences away and use them for our 60 .
41. A. reachB. controlC. dateD. order
42. A. promotedB. paidC. pleasedD. proved
43. A. moreB. backC. enoughD. unconditionally
44. A. easyB. smoothC. fairD. ideal
45. A. feeling B. wordC. fact D. pill
46. A. died downB. looked downC. shut downD. settled down
47. A. confuseB. manageC. betrayD. defeat
48. A. in chargeB. in returnC. in placeD. in store
49. A. arrangedB. failedC. happyD. trial
50. A. workB. startC. endD. worsen
51. A. teasedB. discouragedC. hurtD. shocked
52. A. proudlyB. casuallyC. happilyD. shortly
53. A. unlessB. whileC. becauseD. though
54. A. bringB. requireC. serveD. deserve
55. A. badB. inferiorC. sillyD. cheap
56. A. faithB. courageC. judgementD. effort
57. A. ahead ofB. according toC. regardless ofD. related to
58. A. achievingB. affectingC. expectingD. declining
59. A. AcceptB. AssumeC. FancyD. Consider
60. A. careerB. marriageC. fateD. benefit
41-45 BABCD46-50 CDDBA51-55 BCCDA56-60 ABCAD
Seven years ago I began accompanying my father to the farmers’ market to sell vegetables we harvested from our farm. In the beginning I did what I could to 41 him.
As time went on, I increasingly 42 gardening, so I planted a garden of my own and became a vendor（小贩）myself. The farmers’ market soon became my workplace for many summers to come. The vendors at the market are 43 to share their gardening knowledge. My 44 in the farmers’ market helped me grow and opened doors I had never 45 .
As I learned to manage my own gardening business, 46 came quickly. I had to rise early in the morning at 4 a.m. to go to the market with my fresh produce, which 47 I would be there to greet 48 customers.
49 , the President of the Farmers’ Union invited me to become a member. I greatly enjoyed this 50 . Many members of the Farmers’ Union were very 51 . I learned a lot from them.
Actually it is important to 52 the knowledge I gained to the next generation so that knowledge will not 53 . I am very 54 for the gardening knowledge vendors taught to me over the years. I am happy when 55 about the different varieties of plants and how to raise them. I also want to 56 the knowledge that I gain at Washington University with others and be a positive 57 . I think that knowledge is worthless 58 it is shared with others. I am a very determined person who 59 putting forth the extra effort to achieve. I will try my best to reach my full 60 and contribute to society.
41. A. assistB. adviseC. appreciateD. protect
42. A. avoidedB. practiced C. enjoyedD. prepared
43. A. braveB. willingC. politeD. content
44. A. changeB. wisdomC. educationD. participation
45. A. answeredB. wonderedC. valuedD. imagined
46. A. competitionB. failureC. surpriseD. responsibility
47. A. ensuredB. indicatedC. predictedD. recorded
48. A. honestB. earlyC. familiarD. particular
49. A. UnfortunatelyB. ObviouslyC. UnbelievablyD. Secretly
50. A. adventureB. taskC. momentD. chance
51. A. experiencedB. positiveC. confidentD. elegant
52. A. give awayB. think overC. pass onD. show off
53. A. helpB. doubleC. spreadD. die
54. A. famousB. anxiousC. thankfulD. regretful
55. A. puzzledB. worriedC. informedD. questioned
56. A. shareB. combineC. rememberD. compare
57. A. influenceB. factC. mindD. goal
58. A. onceB. unlessC. whileD. if
59. A. results inB. dreams ofC. believes inD. approves of
60. A. deadlineB. potentialC. imaginationD. conclusion
41-45 ACBDD46-50 DABCD51-55 ACDCD56-60 AABCB